-->

2 October 2016

An Introduction to FCP and My First Thoughts

 (Photos of the sketchbook are my own - images within the sketchbook are both primary and secondary sourced from Google Images and magazines)


A week ago, I began my Fashion Communications and Promotion course at Nottingham Trent University and I honestly don't think I could have picked a course more perfect for me! When I say to people that I'm studying a Fashion course they automatically assume I'm designing or looking at textiles, but that couldn't be far from the truth. The basis of the course is looking at how brands communicate their products and messages to the consumer, and I guess with both studying Media at GCSE and A-Level, and writing this blog, it has me written all over it really!

During the summer we were asked to present our favourite fashion communicators through the mediums of digital, print and retail. Each of these was relatively easy for me, because while I am very much part of generation Y with our love of technology, I also love the idea of a physical text and the ability to go into the store and get an atmosphere around what you're buying and being able to physically try and feel the products there and then.

Digital

  1. LiketoKnow.it ('click-now-buy-now' Instagram and website service)
  2. Chloe Helen Miles (fashion and lifestyle blogger)
  3. ASOS (e-commerce store)


Print
  1. Stylist (free, weekly, British magazine)
  2. Glamour (women's lifestyle magazine)
  3. Betty (independent women's lifestyle magazine)
Retail
  1. Burberry flagship store in Regent Street (British luxury fashion house)
  2. ALLSAINTS (British apparel retailer)
  3. Bershka (high street retailer) 
  • For the 'Retail' section I could have also chosen Ted Baker due to their new collaboration with Google. The customer can speak a statement (displayed on the window) into their phone, using Google's voice recognition search tool, to reveal prizes and offers, which the customer can access within store. 

I really think I am going to suit this course down to the ground, due to the fact that my Business Studies and Media Studies background looks quite similar. The tutors all seem lovely, as do the rest of my "course-mates", and I'm really excited to see where this is going to take me! 

Georgia.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment