-->

13 April 2014

Morocco: Day 4


Tuesday was the last proper day of the trip so I set about trying to make the most of it; as much as I'd been telling myself that I was missing everyone, hated the food and everything else, I really had been having a good time.

To start off the day we went on another trek down the mountain to go and visit a waterfall. Not going to lie, I did think I was going to fall off the mountain and die at some points, but the waterfall was so beautiful I guess it was worth it. Some of the group decided to turn back and chill at the hotel afterwards but the rest of us carried on into the village, have some lunch, and do a spot of shopping, before trekking back up the mountain.

We had lunch at the boys' house again but unlike before, we sat in the garden. It was so cute and relaxed with the blossom trees over our heads and that much needed shade. I wasn't too keen on the food this time but there were side dishes of pasta and lentils so I stuck to those. I'd never tried lentils before but I mixed them with the pasta and they actually weren't that bad. I've always thought they looked a bit bland and a bit like animal food but Morocco proved me wrong once again!

We finished off with a few shops where I got the most gorgeous cactus silk scarf for mum and some Argan Oil at the Argan Oil Cooperative. The place was impressive and it must be one of the only factories without machinery. The woman were sitting on the floor just cracking their nuts on some rocks not really giving a damn.

The highlight of the day though was when the boys performed to us. Or it might've just been the highlight of the whole week! It must've been about 11pm, we were all sitting there after dinner, just wanting to pack and go to bed. We all thought they'd just be sitting along the edge for a few minutes so what actually happened was completely unexpected. I don't know how to describe it exactly because it was one of those "you had to be there!" moments but long story shot, they started having their own mental party in the middle of the room. One guy was banging the drum so hard I thought he was going to end up slapping one of the others in the balls and the whole time we were just sat there like "what the actual f*** is going on?"

Georgia.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment