-->

11 April 2014

Morocco: Day 2


I took so many photos on Sunday it was so hard to decide which ones to include in this post! We started off the second day by taking a tour around Marrakech, which is a lot less hectic in the day time than it is in the evening. I couldn't quite understand what the tour guide was saying but he showed us the mosque and where it had been taken off it's previous foundations to be placed on the new ones, an old palace where a man had parties every night to chose his four wives, another site which held the first religious festival but had great views over the city, and then into the souks where we visited a herbalist and the wonderful world of heckling.

After lunch we headed towards the mountains where we had planned to stay for the next 3 nights. Midway, we stopped off at a dam/lake which, from what I could understand, was the main source of water for the villages at the bottom of the mountains, and if it was a dam it was so much prettier than the ones we get here in England. It was hot though, so I took a few photos and couldn't really appreciate it much. We also stopped off at a museum opposite Richard Branson's Kasbah Tamadot hotel, but by then I had a banging headache so I couldn't appreciate that much either.

Nothing is planned in Morocco though. Everyone is so laid back and spontaneous that we ended up missing the mules which we were supposed to take us up to the next hotel. Because of this we ended up at the Hotel Etoil Du Toubkal at the centre of the Imlil village. Personally I though it was the nicest out of the three hotels - there was WiFi, the beds were comfy, the toilet flushed, we had a balcony and overall the atmosphere was so much nicer. Unfortunately though, I ended the day by throwing all of my dinner back up all over my white converse and my jeans.. #classy.

Georgia.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment