-->

14 April 2014

Morocco: Day 5


We ended up back down in the village in the morning so people could do any last bits of shopping and have lunch before we left. By then I was totally done with all the heckling and just wanted to go over to the cafe to grab the wifi and I've just realised how lost that made our generation sound!

The majority of the afternoon was then spent on the coach praying to God that we wouldn't drive off the side of the mountain or end up in some huge crash in the middle of Marrakech, therefore not many pictures were taken.

I found myself being very reflective. I learnt to cope in a completely different, unprivilaged culture, tried foods I would never think of trying back home and I spoke to people which I'd never really spoken to before. Take the girls in my room for example (1st picture). They're in a completely different friendship group to me at school and I guess I'd always kind of judged them some way or another, but really they're the nicest girls and we got along somewhat better than some of the people I hang around with usually. Admitidly it was hard trying to force down food that I didn't particularly want to eat and trying to aim my wee down a hole in the floor, but I did learn loads and I'd love to go and visit more countries like Morocco. Maybe with a bit more sunbathing next time though!

Georgia.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment