-->

23 January 2017

Native Nomads & Paul Hollywood | Creative Concept




These are my three concept boards for each of my alternative concepts for my big idea.

Concept 1
My first concept was to create a 'WANTED: Dead or Alive' poster, featuring a photo of Paul Hollywood holding some bread rolls, and an image of the bread stamp layered on top or positioned next to the photo. I found some examples on Pinterest and created a couple of colour palettes on Photoshop in order to visually demonstrate what I would be aiming for the poster to look like. I found a photograph of the part of the Dolce and Gabbana menswear a/w 16 catwalk, which has holes in the faces where people can look like they're in the wild west. I included this in my board because the idea of placing different faces into the overall image is similar to how I would take out the original photo of a poster, and in it's place put the photo of Paul Hollywood. I also edited the photo I would be likely to use of Paul Hollywood on Photoshop by changing the image to greyscale, and then laying an orange layer over the top and changing the opacity.

Concept 2
My second concept was to create a flat lay, which featured 6 bread rolls and 2 bread stamps. Either layered on top, or next to the rolls I would have the Django Unchained quote "I count 6 shots, n***er" "I count 2 guns, n***er", however changing it to "I count 6 rolls, baker" "I count 2 stamps, baker" (or "b**er"). On the board I included some Pantone colours which I thought were most likely to be found within my image/s, some examples of flat lays which I found on Pinterest, and also some pictures from The Great British Bake Off of male contestants to try and put emphasis on the idea of the promotional material targeting males.

Concept 3
My third and last concept was to create a 'set up' (I'm not sure what else to call this to be honest), similar to those in the top, right hand corner. The props would all relate to the Wild West genre, such as a bandana, a cowboy hat, a Pendleton blanket, a cactus, and also the bread stamp. Somewhere in the image I would include a quote, which would most likely be from Dirty Harry or The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. For example, there's a quote in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, where Clint Eastwood's character, Blondie, says "You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig", and I would replace the "loaded gun" with "bread stamp". Again, I included some examples of colours from Pantone, which would most likely appear in the image.

Chosen Concept
I chose to go ahead with concept 2 because, by doing the first concept I wouldn't be taking any of my own images and by doing concept 3, I would most likely have to buy some of the props from a fancy dress shop and I was worried that it would look like too much of a joke. However, I'm going to change the concept up slightly by taking several images of the flat lay, each image counting up from 1 bread roll to 6, for example, and then create a gif/quick video out of the stills. There will still be a quote, but this will either be a separate still or layered over the top of the still of all six rolls and two stamps. I may also have two separate "teaser" images, one with the first half of the quote and the other with the other half. I have chosen to put my idea on a Facebook because the generation X consumers are most likely to use Facebook, despite the fact that the majority of his followers overall are on Twitter.

Georgia.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment