-->

18 August 2014

Last week: Swanage & Airbourne



001. Deciding which pictures to choose for this post was so hard because there was so many. I had to push two posts into one because I've got so many ideas for posts that I'm going to run out of time to the point that they'll all become irrelevant. But last week I went on holiday to Swanage in Dorset and then over the weekend Airbourne was on in Eastbourne - my camera was loving it.

002. We went to Swanage from Sunday to Thursday and all in all it was lovely. We go there every year and despite the forecast, the sun comes out every time which is perfect with the sandy beach and wanders round the cute shops. Because Harry came this year there wasn't space in the car to go travelling around but on the Tuesday we caught the bus to Tower Park (highly recommend if you're near Poole) and on Wednesday it was Dad's birthday so we hired some kayaks. The only downside to the holiday was the fact that we stayed in a youth hostel. It was dirty, the room was incredibly cramped, it hadn't been refurbished in about 25 years and just overall tragic to say the least, so if anyone's looking to stay in Swanage any time soon, don't consider it!

003. From Thursday to Sunday Eastbourne held it's annual airshow Airbourne and I have to say it's one of my favourite events during the year. The atmosphere is always great and the displays never disappoint, especially from The Red Arrows. Because I missed out last year I went on Saturday with the family and then on Sunday with Harry and both were completely different. The weather was lovely on Saturday, we had a picnic on the beach and The Arrows did a more large scale display with more moves (I can't think of a better word I'm sorry); whereas on Sunday the weather was a bit cloudier so there wasn't as many 'moves' and they were closer. Each was equally as good though.

Georgia.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment