-->

7 December 2016

Fishing for Tights


Fishnet tights are one of those trends that you either love or hate. You think that you won't be able to pull them off but you can style them in so many ways, as I've been seeing a lot in the last couple of months. Admittedly I haven't got a pair myself, but I know I will be very very soon!

To dress up a pair of overstressed jeans
One of the girls on my course styled something similar the other day and even though all she'd done was stick on a pair of tights underneath her jeans it looked so cool. I think sometimes torn jeans can look a bit shabby and naff like your mum's baggy jeans that she's torn by accident while doing the gardening sort of thing, but adding the tights takes them to a whole new level. They give off a kind of bad girl/cool girl vibe. You know what you're doing.

Pulling your fishnets above your waistline
This is another style that can change your outfit completely. I can imagine it's quite a hard one to pull off because my tights always roll down without fail, but it just adds something if you're not keen on your bare stomach being shown. With a cropped jumper or t-shirt this looks super cool and just adds some texture to an outfit.

Fishnet socks
These obviously aren't tights but I've seen these around so much lately. I suppose these are like the above-the-waistline style but for you ankles, because if you're rolling up your trousers or wearing low-top shoes it just adds something rather than just skin... You could definitely wear these with ankle boots too or a pair of Vans.

Actually as tights
Or you could just wear them normally! They look great with a leather skirt or even dressed down with a simple t-shirt dress. Although it is getting colder now, they're a great alternative when you don't want to wear opaque tights yet.

Big holes
I think that bigger holes (no innuendos I promise) make more of a statement than your classic fishnet. I suppose it puts more emphasis on the legs and looks great if your outfit is quite simple, say just white and blacks for example. As Alexa Chung has beautifully shown us here, it makes an outfit look effortlessly cool.

Or small, classic holes
As I said before, these are a lot more classic and discreet. They give more of a classy/chic vibe than others on the market. The model in this photo is wearing quite bright colours and different textures like leather against cotton, so she didn't really need to make a big effort with her tights. It probably would have looked just as nice with opaque tights but leather against fishnet is to die for.

Georgia.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment