-->

21 May 2017

KKW X Kylie Cosmetics Review

From top to bottom: Kimberly, Kim, Kiki, Kimmie. 
About a month ago now, Kylie Jenner revealed her collaboration with Kim Kardashian, 'KKW by Kylie Cosmetics'. When they were first revealed I wasn't really that bothered about it; I'd become less interested in the brand, and the novelty had worn off. But after seeing image after image of the swatches and the packaging, I kind of started to fall in love with the collab. That's the power of social media promotion I suppose.

I actually read an article that was linked to Business of Fashion where the interviewer asked Kylie how social media has played in to her marketing strategy and she replied by saying that she's never paid for advertising, it all comes down to Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter.

Anyway, the launch date arrived. It was a few days before my birthday and I suddenly found myself on the website, then in the queue, and then at the checkout. I wasn't expecting to get hold of them, but I don't think they sold out as quickly as other launches that she's done.

The packaging is beautiful. It's quite minimal, but the material is a lot stronger than the boxes you get with the standard lip kits and having the sleeve gives it more of a precious feeling.

I haven't managed to try out the actual lipsticks yet because my lips have been so cracked, but when I swatched them on my arm, the formula seemed really smooth, and when I spread it out a bit it dried really quickly but stayed looking consistent. In terms of the shades, I love them all because I am a nude girl, I don't really stray out of my comfort zone when it comes to make up. But there are two shades that I honestly can't tell the difference between and you can probably see that on the last photo (the two in the middle). I think 'Kiki' is meant to be a bit more pink than 'Kim', but hopefully the difference will show up better when I put them on my lips!

Although it did cost an arm and a leg, now I've actually got the set I don't regret buying them. Like most products, it does have it's flaws, such as the similarity in the shades 'Kim' and 'Kiki', however you can't fault the actual formula and you can tell that a lot of thought has gone in to the process of creating it.

Georgia.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment