-->

26 May 2017

Fragrance Project | Task 4


*insert huge sigh of relief* 

This booklet pretty much marks the end of Year 1 FCP. I won't go into the whole "it's gone so quickly" thing because that's another post, but IT'S GONE SO QUICKLY!

Anyway, for the last quarter of our Fragrance Project, we had to individually create a booklet, explaining our twelve month promotional plan for our perfume brands.

The booklet starts with a brief overview of what we've been doing 'up till now'. So that's our research (context), the big idea, creative concept, etc, which I go into more detail in this post. The next section is 'who we are'. This covers the behaviour of our target consumer (a 22-30 year old woman), the brand model for Mist & Matter, and a mock-up of what our packaging would look like. I touch on this area a little bit in the last post that I wrote for this project, and it also brings us in to the next section, 'communication'.


The promotional/communication was the hardest bit of this task. I think because we'd already covered the first half, I'd got that done quite quickly, but this was the first time that I'd actually sat down and thought about how we could promote the brand and it proved harder than I originally thought.


I started with a moodboard of our visual inspiration and a copy of our print ads, which I touched on in the Task 3 post. I also created two mood boards for what our summer and winter editions would look like, and I think these are my 4 favourite pages in the whole booklet. I took inspiration from issue 18 of Flow magazine.


Then I went on to the communications tools. I wanted to reflect the nature of the product, whereby the consumer would use it from the beginning to the end of the day, so I came up with an integrated communication strategy, which would almost follow the customer through their day-to-day life. I've used both traditional techniques, such as bus stops and billboards, as well as digital techniques, like social media, collaborations with Spotify and bloggers, and I also created an app, which would alert the consumer throughout the day.


This then took me to my last section, 'long story short'. In this section I summarised my promotional plan with a 12 month time line, and then with an overall summary, which basically says how our integrated campaign will allow Mist & Matter to reach it's full potential and to be successful. We would also hope that we could expand the brand in to the future by adding ranges for teenagers and men.


As much stress as creating this booklet caused me, and as much as I complained about it, I'm actually kind of bored now because for the last week this was all I was doing. Morning till night. I'm definitely getting more confident on InDesign now too, which is a plus. I just hope the hard work is worth it, because there's nothing I can do now!

Georgia.xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment