-->

22 December 2017

5 Christmas Films You Need To Watch


Working in retail means that I'm not getting much downtime leading up to Christmas, so when I do get the chance to chill out, there's nothing nicer than having a cosy afternoon eating celebrations and watching Christmas films. Today I'm going to share with you my top 5 Christmas films that I completely recommend and will never get old.

1. Love Actually
If you don't watch this at least twice leading up to Christmas you have no heart. It's such a British classic and feel good film, and now it's been uploaded to Netflix so you have absolutely no excuses.


2. The Grinch
Admittedly we never used to watch the Grinch a lot in the Hendry household, but in the last couple of years it's been a must-have for me and Harry. I love his little dog and every time I watch it I still can't believe that little Cindy Lou is Taylor Momsen.

3. Miracle on 34th Street
I've had this sitting in my Netflix saved list for weeks now, but we only got round to watching it the other day and it's become one of my favourite Christmas films. It's a complete classic, set in New York City (is there really anything more Christmassy?) and you will fall in love with Kris Kringle, who's played by Richard Attenborough.


4. Home Alone (1 and 2)
I don't really have to say anything about these films, because if you haven't seen them you've obviously been living under a rock. I know there's a third one but is it really Home Alone without Kevin? Give yourself the afternoon and watch them back to back, and then I promise you will truly be in the Christmas mood.

5. Fred Clause
I wouldn't call it a classic but it is such a good film. I don't think this film is given the recognition it deserves.

6. Elf
Everyone loves a bit of Buddy the Elf. I'm actually watching it as I type this. I hadn't actually watched this until 2 or 3 years ago, but it's definitely a favourite and a must to watch. It's also set in New York so what's not to love.


7. Deck The Halls 
This has been one of my favourites for years and even though the rivalry between Steve and Danny really annoys me, and it's so predictable, I still watch it year after year.

So these are my favourite Christmas films, and I hope that they give you some ideas if you're finding yourself a little undecided about what to watch this weekend!

Georgia.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment