-->

24 December 2017

Christmas Tag


First and foremost I want to not apologise for my very poor effort with Blogmas over the last few days. On Thursday I forgot to post, on Friday I quickly posted something at about 11pm in a desperate effort not to forget again, but then I forgot again yesterday. Sorry, but I'm not sorry. Working full time and trying to blog full time, whilst trying to catch up with everyone while I'm back, is not the one. I'd got out of my full time work routine, which I had throughout the summer, so for the last few days I've completely crashed out; and my mental health comes first right?


But to ease us in to the big day, tomorrow, I'm going to do a quick Christmas tag!


1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
Oooh there's so many to choose from. Elf, Deck The Halls, and Love Actually are definitly my top three. But I went to see A Bad Moms Christmas a month or so ago and it was SO good!  

2. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Every year up until now, me and Harry have given each other one present each on Christmas Eve, because we wouldn't be seeing each other on Christmas Day. This year however, is a different story! How exciting! 

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I have quite a few to be honest. There was one year where we went to see Disney's Christmas Carole at the cinema and then we went to Pizza Express. That was one of my favourite Christmas Eve's because it was different to what we'd usually do. Another memory I have is when we spent Christmas in Cumbria and we'd just arrived at the cottage and dad was trying to do the fire, but he just ended up filling the whole room with smoke. There was also one Christmas Eve when Harry came over and he made me watch all of the Twilight films back to back - it's not very Christmassy is it! 

4. Favourite festive food?
I'm such a foodie, the list could go on for miles! My mum owns about 50 million cookbooks and Jamie Oliver magazines and I was going through them the other day and I think she got a bit fed up with me saying "ooh what about this?!" 


Mince Pies are a must. I also really like roasted parsnips, which probably sounds a bit weird but a Christmas dinner isn't a Christmas dinner without parsnips. 
5. Favourite Christmas gift?
I don't really like this question, it makes me feel a bit ungrateful. There was one particular Christmas though; I'd been asking for a green iPod nano (I was very specific in the fact that it had to be green). I didn't think I'd get one because with three kids my parents never really brought us gifts from the likes of Apple. But they did buy it for me! My mum wrapped it up about 20 different times with wrapping paper and boxes so it was really unexpected. 

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
I don't really have one. I'm the worst blogger ever, I know. However, there is a candle in Marks and Spencer's at the moment, which I think is mandarin, clove and cinnamon, and it smells devine. It's not too sweet or overpowering like some Christmas candles can be. 


7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
As you can probably tell from question three, we tend to get up to different things each Christmas Eve. Although, one thing that is a tradition is that Harry comes to see me. We've always spent Christmas Eve together, even before we were going out. I like to actually go out and do something, like go to the cinema or the pub. 

8. What tops your tree?
It used to be a very wonky angel. But this year we brought a new rose gold star to go with our rose gold theme. That's quite wonky too actually. 

9. How will you be spending Christmas this year?

Just the five of us at home. Nothing better than being able to stay in your pyjamas and not worrying about impressing the relatives. 

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?

The run up. The last day of school/uni when everyone's excited because you know if you get through this one last day it'll be the Christmas holidays, putting up the Christmas tree, looking for something to eat or drink knowing full well that 95% of the fridge contents is to be saved for the big day, you get my drift. Christmas Day itself goes so so fast, and for the last couple of years I've had to work either Christmas Eve or Boxing Day or both so it doesn't really feel like you're getting time off, so you have to make the most of the whole experience. 


ItsGeorgia.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment